Yolo County


Probation Department Main Office
2780 E. Gibson Rd
Woodland, CA 95776
(530) 406-5320
Map and directions »


Get application

To get an application, visit the Probation Department to pick up the forms in person, or download the forms from the Probation Department’s website. After you have reviewed the eligibility requirements for juvenile record sealing, return the completed application to the Probation Department by mail or in person, but be sure to make and keep a copy for yourself.



$0 for those currently under age 26.


You can get an "ability to pay" assessment done by the Yolo County Collection Services to see if you're eligible to have the fee reduced.

Time frame

1-3 months

Depends on the case.


After turning in your application

After receiving your application, a probation officer will run an investigation to decide if you are eligible to have your juvenile record sealed. The investigation will be focused on your basic eligibility, a criminal background check, and evidence of rehabilitation. Based on this investigation, the probation officer will write a report either recommending that your record be sealed, or stating that you are not eligible to have your record sealed and why.

Court hearing

If the probation officer determines that you are eligible to have your record sealed, he or she will petition the court and set a hearing date. You will receive a copy of the petition documents. You also will be notified of the court hearing date, time and location. Contact the officer to confirm the date, time and location of your court hearing. The court sometimes changes dates/times/locations. You should attend the hearing.

Tracking your application

Contact the Probation Department.

More information »

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

You will be notified by mail and will receive a copy of the judge's order denying your petition to seal your juvenile records. If you have been denied" without prejudice" you may resubmit your application once you have resolved the issues blocking the seal on your record, such as paying restitution or waiting a longer period of time to show rehabilitation. You will need to repay the sealing fee and will not be refunded for the payment you previously made for the seal. If you do not receive the order, you should check in with your probation officer.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact cjcjmedia@cjcj.org or (415) 621-5661 x121.