Stanislaus County


Juvenile Probation
2215 Blue Gum Ave.
Modesto, CA 95358
(209) 525-5400
Map and directions »


Not available online

To start the record sealing process in Stainslaus County, you will first need to make an appointment with a Juvenile Probation Officer. Be sure to bring your I.D. At your appointment you may retrieve the application material. If you cannot appear at the appointment in person, you may request the application materials be mailed to you.



$0 for those currently under age 26.



Payment methods accepted:

Cashiers checks, money orders, cash, or credit cards are accepted forms of payment.

Time frame

Up to 6 months

Once your application is submtted, the judge has up to 6 months to make a decision.


After turning in your application

After you have reviewed the eligibility requirements for juvenile record sealing, you must submit the completed application in person to the Junveile Probation Office by appointment (between 3 and 4 pm). You may only submit you application forms by mail if the Probation Officer approves it. If you send the application by mail you will need to include a copy of your I.D.

Court hearing

If the probation officer recommends that your record be sealed, the recommendation will be sent to a judge who will decide whether or not your juvenile records may be sealed. There is no court hearing, but you will be notified of the judge's decision by mail.

Tracking your application

No tracking of application available.

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

The Court will send a record sealing order to all of the agencies involved in your case, which includes, but is not limited to, police agencies, probation agencies, and courts. The order will direct the agencies you listed on your application to seal your record, and also direct them to respond to anyone asking about your juvenile record to say, “The applicant has no record.” Once your record is sealed, you may legally say that you do not have a juvenile record.

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

If your applicaton is denied you will be notified by mail. There is no refund and and no appeal process. You can resubmit your application as many times as you like, but you will have to pay the fee each time.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact or (415) 621-5661 x121.