Glenn County


Glenn County Juvenile Court
526 West Sycamore St
Willows, CA 95988
(530) 934-6446 x7003
Map and directions »


Get application

To get the application forms, contact the Glenn County Juvenile Court Clerk's office either in person, or request the petition forms by phone or mail. To complete the forms, you will need to know your case number. If you do not know or do not remember your case number, contact the Glenn County Probation Department at 530-934-6416 and press "0." The case number must be every document you submit to the court. However, if the matter was dealt with informally through the Probation Department and you did not go to Court, there will be no case number.

Make sure you list all law enforcement agencies who were involved and have records of any of your cases you wish to be sealed. This would include the D.A., Probation Department, the attorney you had at the time, Department of Justice, etc. If you do not know which agencies to list, contact the Glenn County Probation Department and ask a probation officer which agencies you had contact with.

You will need a total of 4 copies of the Petition. The original for the Court, one for the D.A., one for Probation and one for your records.

The top portion of the Order must also be filled out which includes your name, address, Court address, case name and case number. After you submit this form to the Court, a copy will be returned to you if the Judge grants the Order.



$0 for those currently under age 26.

Time frame

4 weeks

A court hearing will be scheduled within 4 weeks of the court receiving your application materials. You will need to allow extra time for the different agencies to seal their records.


After turning in your application

The court will notify the Probation Department when they receive your application, and a probation officer will review your documents to make sure you are eligible.

Court hearing

A hearing before a judge will be scheduled within 2-4 weeks after submitting your application materials to the court. You will receive a notice in the mail telling you the date of the hearing. You must appear at the court hearing, so it may be prudent to check in closer to the court date and make sure your hearing has not been rescheduled. If you do not receive a notice in the mail within four weeks, call the Clerk’s office at 530-934-6446, ext. 7004.

Tracking your application

Contact the Juvenile Court to check on the status of your application.

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

The Court will send a record sealing order to all of the agencies involved in your case, which includes, but is not limited to, police agencies, probation agencies, and courts. The order will direct the agencies you listed on your application to seal your record and to respond to anyone asking about your juvenile record to say, "The applicant has no record." Once your record is sealed, you may legally say that you do not have a juvenile record.

To make sure the agencies have complied with the court order, you may send each agency a "Files Sealed Receipt," keeping one copy for yourself. The agencies must return this receipt to you when they have sealed your records.

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

If you are not present at the hearing you will be notified by either the Probation Department or the Juvenile Court. If you are present at your hearing you will be notified in person by the judge. If your application is denied “without prejudice" you may resubmit your application once you have resolved the issues blocking the seal on your record, such as paying restitution or waiting a longer period of time to show rehabilitation. If you do not receive the order, you should check in with your probation officer.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact or (415) 621-5661 x121.