Placer County


Juvenile Probation Auburn Justice Center
2929 Richardson Dr.
Suite B
Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 889-7900
Map and directions »


Get application

To get an applicatio, contact the Auburn Justice Center either by phone, mail, or in person to request the materials. After you have reviewed the eligibility requirements for juvenile record sealing, return your completed application to the Auburn Justice Center either by mail or in person.



$0 for those currently under age 26.


The waiver process is very informal. If the application fee presents a burden, you should talk to the manager to determine if you qualify for a waiver. There is no form for this.

Payment methods accepted:

Check, cash, or money order are acceptable forms of payment. You should make your payment payable to Placer County.

Time frame

4-6 weeks


After turning in your application

After receiving your application, a probation officer will run an investigation to decide if you are eligible to have your juvenile record sealed. The investigation will be focused on your basic eligibility, a criminal background check, and evidence of rehabilitation. Based on this investigation, the probation officer will write a report either recommending that your record be sealed, or stating that you are not eligible to have your record sealed and why. This process generally takes 1-2 weeks.

Court hearing

If the probation officer recommends that your record be sealed, the next step is to calendar a juvenile court hearing with a judge, the probation officer and the district attorney. At this hearing, a judge will decide whether or not your juvenile records may be sealed. You do not have to appear at the hearing, except under unusual circumstances regarding your record.

Tracking your application

You can track your application by calling the Auburn Justice Center.

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

The Court will send a record sealing order to all of the agencies involved in your case, which includes, but is not limited to, police agencies, probation agencies, and courts. The order will direct the agencies you listed on your application to seal your record, and also direct them to respond to anyone asking about your juvenile record to say, “The applicant has no record.” Once your record is sealed, you may legally say that you do not have a juvenile record.

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

If your application is denied you will be notified by the Court via mail. Generally, you cannot resubmit your application because applications are generally only denied if you were already ineligible to have your record sealed. However, if you have been denied "without prejudice" you may resubmit your application once you have resolved the issues blocking the seal on your record, such as paying restitution or waiting a longer period of time to show rehabilitation. You will need to repay the sealing fee and will not be refunded for the payment you previously made for the seal.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact or (415) 621-5661 x121.