Calaveras County


Probation Department
23 E. Saint Charles
San Andreas, CA 95249
(209) 754-6518
Map and directions »

Probation Department (If sending application by mail)
891 Mountain Ranch Rd.
San Andreas, CA 95249
Map and directions »


Not available online

To get a Record Seal Application, contact the Calaveras County Probation Department either in person or by mail. After you have reviewed the eligibility requirements for juvenile record sealing, complete the forms and return them toIf submitted in person, the application must be brought to the Probation Department's office located at 23 E. Saint Charles, San Andreas, CA 95249). If submitted by mail, the application must be sent to the Probation Department's office located at 891 Mountain Ranch Rd., San Andreas, CA 95249.



$0 for those currently under age 26.


Yes. There is no specific waiver form, but the Chief Probation Officer can provide waivers under special circumstances at his discretion.

Payment methods accepted:

Personal checks, money orders, or cash are accepted forms of payment.

Time frame

2-6 months

If there is a valid reason why your application must be processed more quickly, ask your probation officer what your options are.


After turning in your application

You will be notified once your application is received. After doing so, the probation officer will run an investigation to decide if you are eligible to have your juvenile record sealed. The investigation will be focused on your basic eligibility, a criminal background check, and evidence of rehabiliation. Based on this investigation, the probation officer will write a report either recommending that your record be sealed, or stating that you are not eligible to have your record sealed and why. If you are denied in this pre-process level, then you will receive notification by mail and can re-apply.

Court hearing

If the probation officer recommends that your record be sealed, the next step is to calendar a juvenile court hearing with a judge, the probation officer and the district attorney. The endorsed filed copies of the Notice of Hearing, the Petition, and a cover letter will be sent to you. At this hearing, a judge will decide whether or not your juvenile records may be sealed. You do not have to appear at the hearing, but you are strongly encouraged to attend in order to answer any questions the judge may have.

Tracking your application

Call the probation department to track the status of your application.

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

The Court will send a record sealing order to all of the agencies involved in your case, which includes, but is not limited to, police agencies, probation agencies, and courts. The order will direct the agencies you listed on your application to seal your record and to respond to anyone asking about your juvenile record to say, “The applicant has no record.” Once your record is sealed, you may legally say that you do not have a juvenile record.

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

If you do not receive notification of the judge's order denying your petition to seal your junveile records, you should call to check with your probation officer. You may resubmit your application once you have resolved any issues blocking the seal on your record, such as paying restitution or waiting a longer period of time to show rehabilitation. It is recommended that you hire an attorney for the reapplication.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact or (415) 621-5661 x121.