Amador County


Probation Department
675 New York Ranch Rd.
Jackson, CA 95642
(209) 223-6229
Map and directions »

Amador Superior Court
500 Argonaut Lane
Jackson, CA 95642
(209) 257-2643
Map and directions »


Get application

Download petition

To get an application, contact the Amador County Probation Department by mail or phone, or download it from the Amador County website. Aftering reviewing the eligibility requirements, complete the Application to Petition to Seal Juvenile Record and return it to the Probation Department. You must go through this process for each county in which you have a record.



$0 for those currently under age 26.

Time frame

Up to 6 months


After turning in your application

You may be contacted by a probation officer and asked a few follow-up questions regarding your application. After doing so, the probation officer will run an investigation to decide if you are eligible to have your juvenile record sealed. The investigation will be focused on your basic eligibility, a criminal background check, and evidence of rehabiliation. Based on this investigation, the probation officer will write a report either recommending that your record be sealed, or stating that you are not eligible to have your record sealed and why. The initial investigation can take up to 45 days.

Court hearing

If the probation officer recommends that your record be sealed, the next step is to calendar a juvenile court hearing with a judge, the probation officer and the district attorney. At this hearing, a judge will decide whether or not your juvenile records may be sealed. You do not have to appear at the hearing, though it is recommended that you appear.

Tracking your application

After the initial investigation, the probation department sends the application to the court. If the application is still with the probation department, you can call the department to track application. Once your application leaves probation, you will need to contact the court to track the application.

More information at Amador County Juvenile Services Website »

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

The Court will send a record sealing order to all of the agencies involved in your case, which includes, but is not limited to, police agencies, probation agencies, and courts. The order will direct the agencies you listed on your application to seal your record and to respond to anyone asking about your juvenile record to say, “The applicant has no record.” Once your record is sealed, you may legally say that you do not have a juvenile record.

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

If your petition to seal your juvenile record is denied, you will be notified by mail. It is up to the judge whether you are allowed to reapply or not, and if you are allowed to reapply, the order will state when you may do so.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact or (415) 621-5661 x121.