Tulare County


Juvenile Justice Center
11200 Avenue 368
Room 108
Visalia, CA 93291
(559) 735-1525
Map and directions »

Tulare County Superior Court
221 South Mooney Blvd.
Room 204
Visalia, CA 93291
Map and directions »


Not available online

To get an application to seal your juvenile records, you can either pick up the application in person at the Juvenile Justice Center, or you can request the application by mail, including in your letter a self-addressed, stamped envelope which the Juvenile Justice Center can return to you.

Once completed, you must submit your application and fee to the Probation Accounting Services at the Tulare County Superior Court. If you have them, you should also submit a copy of your high school diploma and/or college transcripts, verification of present or most recent employment, and verification of military service.



$0 for those currently under age 26.



Payment methods accepted:

Cash, checks, or money orders are acceptable forms of payment.

Time frame

About 3 months


After turning in your application

After receiving your application, a Probation Officer will conduct a background investigation and decide if you are eligible to have your juvenile record sealed. The investigation will be focused on your basic eligibility, a criminal background check, and evidence of rehabiliation. Based on this investigation, the probation officer will write a report either recommending that your record be sealed, or stating that you are not eligible to have your record sealed and why.

Court hearing

There is no hearing. You will be notified by mail whether your application was approved or denied.

Tracking your application

You can track your application through the probation officer assigned to your case. Simply call the Juvenile Justice Center and ask about your application. You should have any documentation for your case on hand.

Learn more about the sealing process »


Once a judge reviews your application they will either grant or deny your request to seal your juvenile record. A judge may choose to deny your application for reasons including a lack of rehabilitation, adult charges, and crimes of moral turpitude.

If your application is granted

The Court will send a record sealing order to all of the agencies involved in your case, which includes, but is not limited to, police agencies, probation agencies, and courts. The order will direct the agencies you listed on your application to seal your record, and also direct them to respond to anyone asking about your juvenile record to say, “The applicant has no record.” Once your record is sealed, you may legally say that you do not have a juvenile record.

Sealing a juvenile record does not affect the ability of insurance companies to access your records through the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in Sacramento, nor will it prevent the Federal Government, including branches of the military service, from accessing your sealed records pursuant to Section 781 of the Welfare and Institutions code.

All juvenile records must be reported even though sealed when applying for a security clearance or employment with a private company that engages in business with the Federal Government.

If your application is denied

You will be notified by mail if your application is denied. You can reapply, but it is up to the judge to decide how long you will need to wait to reapply. You will need to pay the fee again if you do reapply.

Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice

Seal It is a project from the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, with generous support from the Zellerbach Family Foundation.

To report an error, contact cjcjmedia@cjcj.org or (415) 621-5661 x121.